LOW CARBON STEEL SHOT
Produced with scrap low in carbon, sulfur and phosphorus
Bainitic microstructure. Low Carbon Steel Spherical Shot Excellent
strong grains and free of cracks are obtained.
Free of defects due to heat treatment since additional treatment is not
Low Carbon Steel Spherical Shot during blasting operations, the low
carbon steel shot does not break into smaller particles and maintain
its spherical shape.
OTHER HIGH CARBON SHOTS
Produced with any type of scrap. Therefore it is hard but fragile.
Heat treatment after fudging causes cracking on its surface.
During shot blasting, and as a result of its cracked surface, the shot
is broken into large pieces with sharp points in a short period of
time. Due to this, high carbon shots generate higher maintenance costs,
by producing additional wear to shot blasting machines.
• Granalla for Casting
• Granalla for Cleaning of Castings
• Granalla for Cutting of Granite
• Shot Peening
• Granalla for removal of burrs
• Granalla for mechanical pickling
• Granalla for Forging
• Granalla for preparation of surfaces
LOW CARBON STEEL GRANAL
• Performance over 20% against high carbon shots
• Less wear of machinery and equipment due to the greater absorption of energy
in the impacts in the pieces
• Particles free of defects generated by thermal treatment, fractures or micro
IMPROVING THE ENVIRONMENT
• For its production, no subsequent heat treatment is required
• Powder reduction
• Bainitic microstructure guarantees that they will not break during its useful
The shape of the low carbon steel shot is similar to spherical. The minimal
presence of elongated, deformed particles with pores, slag or dirt is possible.
This does not affect the performance of the shot, it can be confirmed by
measuring its performance on the machine.
The bainitic microstructure guarantees a high degree of hardness. 90% of the
particles are between 40 - 50 Rockwell C.
The low carbon in balance with the manganese guarantees a long useful life of
the particles, thus improving the cleanliness of the pieces, since with
mechanical work they increase their hardness.
The energy of the shot blasting is absorbed mainly by the parts, thus reducing
the wear of the machine.
CARBON GRANULATION, HIGH PERFORMANCE
The use of the low carbon steel shot has scope for machines that have turbines
of 2500 to 3000 RPM and speeds of 80 M / S.
For new equipment that uses 3600 RPM turbines and speeds of 110 M / S, these are
requirements to increase productivity.
Please fill in the following form to contact us